Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Mind Blown

 

Mind-blowing Encounter

The emoji where the top of the head is exploding, the symbol of “mind-blown”, is the only way I can describe what happened to me at a restaurant last evening.  As most of you know, my number in life is 333, everything I do seems to be related to the number 3.  It is described best in my profile for this blog.  Hence, the website name for this blog is threethirtythreepoetry.blogspot.com.  Last evening, I met a friend at a local restaurant for dinner and trivia.  I arrived first and got a table, and the server brought me water and a menu, but I let her know I was waiting for someone.  She checked on me again when my friend was a little late.  After getting my friend’s drink order and then giving us time to look at the menu, she returned to take our order.  My friend looked up and immediately noticed that the server was wearing a “333” necklace and commented on it.  The young girl shared that the number had been a significant one in her life and that things seemed to occur in 3’s in her life.  I told her it was also my number.  She proceeded to say that she was born at 3:33 and I shrieked “me too!”.  I asked, “am or pm?” and she said pm to which I screamed “me too!”.  It was as if I had met myself only about 40 years younger.  I actually had never met someone else with my passion for the number 333.  She shared that she always wore the necklace, never taking it off, not even to shower.  It was an Amazon purchase, and I told her I had purchased a “333” ring from Amazon.  My mind was absolutely blown.  It was like an incredible coincidence.  Her name was Dakota and I left her a tip of…you guessed it $3.33, just because, and my friend left a larger tip to compensate for mine.  Is this a coincidence?  I’m not sure I believe in coincidences.  It was sure a memorable evening.  If it had not been for my friend, however, I wonder if I would have eventually noticed it?

Tammy Harvey

8/5/2026

No comments:

Post a Comment